REDSPICE is the most significant single investment in the Australian Signals Directorate’s 75 years. It responds to the deteriorating strategic circumstances in our region, characterised by rapid military expansion, growing coercive behaviour and increased cyber attacks.
Through REDSPICE, ASD will deliver forward-looking capabilities essential to maintaining Australia’s strategic advantage and capability edge over the coming decade and beyond.
Through REDSPICE, we will expand the range and sophistication of our intelligence, offensive and defensive cyber capabilities, and build on our already-strong enabling foundations.
- 3x current offensive cyber capability
- 2x persistent cyber-hunt activities
- Advanced AI, machine learning and cloud technology
- 4x global footprint
- 1900 new analyst, technologist, corporate and enabling roles across Australia and the world
- 40% of staff located outside Canberra
Read more: https://www.asd.gov.au/about/redspice